Pages

Tuesday 5 August 2008

How to build a lodge, an Idiots guide...



Hello everyone. I guess I should explain my absence from the Nile Progression and the world wide web. I 've been building a Lodge!










Two of my good buddies (Ian Odell and Calum Main)and I got offered an opportunity just before Christmas last year. We decided to take it. Beginning in March this year we moved up to Sipi Falls (3 hours East of the Nile) and began work on 'Sipi River Lodge'.
We own 17 acres of grounds and a 200 foot Waterfall in Sipi. We're in the foothills of Mt Elgon near the Kenyan border and our place is at 1811m altitude. The climate is cooler and the area is absolutely stunning! Check out these photo's - quite a few before and after shots, and some cool photos from the area. The Photo's above are a few I was playing around with to use as adverts or postcards...

-Before-

-After-

-Before-

-After-


Early Days of the Building Site





-Roofing the Bandas-



-Almost Finished Bandas-






-The Bar-
We've still got a bunch of work to do - but we're getting there. The Restaurant, Bar and main lodge are open - we just need some locks on the doors and a few pictures on the walls. The Bunkhouse sleeps 12 with on-suite and it's already open.
We just need a bit more time to finish off the Banda's and we have a thousand small jobs to do.
Once everything gets finished we should have more time to further explore the local area. I've allready scoped a river that should have some good Creeking and there's heaps of climbing around! Sipi is a cool place to live!



1 comment:

Tim S said...

Will, that place looks awesome. Wish it had been there when I was last out. Hope it all goes well for you!

Tim