Pages

Wednesday 20 August 2008

Swapping the White Nile for the Zambezi...

So the last few days and weeks in Uganda before getting on the plane for Zambia were pretty sweet, rather rushed and a little bit gutting, here's a bit of a photo diary...


The Bujagali Dam - we used to be able to drive to the Ugly Sisters play wave here, now we get told to leave by guys in Camo Fatigues and AK47's. Me and Anna cruised in here to have a look a couple of weeks ago as we had the Hairy Lemon car for the day, we wern't exactly welcomed - but I promised not to take any photo's so they sent us on our way!!



I had a couple of weeks up in Sipi before we flew out of the country. Mostly it was all head down and working - cooking food for the restaurant and making sure things were ticking over, but I had a bit of time to play too. Oh and check out my Sombrero!!

Did I mention we own a waterfall and a river? So the boys claimed the first descent a few months ago, but me and Fraggle fancied a blast with the water running at an optimum level!! Here is Fraggle hiking in with our falls in the background.


-Me at the put in-



So fair enough it is a bit of a ditch - but it filled an hour!!


The last day before Sam and I flew out was hectic! I was sure I had important things to sort out but in the end bent to the persuading of Tim Flowers and drove down to Nile Special for one last wave session...






Anna on the wave


I literally had to pack my stuff in 10 minutes. After a meal with the missus we got back to NRE as the taxi pulled in, Sam was drunk, and I'd missed our leaving bender!! Ow well it was all good. After throwing our stuff in the car we left to the Airport and for the next few hours we passed out at every opportunity! In Nairobi airport the air hostess' had to wake us up and tell us to get off the plane - when we woke up everyone else had already left and the guys were cleaning the aisles!! We had a night in Johannesburg where I picked up my new Fluid Nemesis, and the next day flew the short distance to Livingstone. Flying over Victoria Falls was pretty spectacular and for some reason me and Sam had been put in First class for the flight!! I'd thought to keep my camera close at hand and as we made our final approach to the airstrip I got this cool photo of the Batoka gorge of the Zambezi, Zimbabwe on the far side and Zambia on the near side.


I'm in the Zambezi to run another trip for LiLi, we have a bunch of guys coming out on the 25th for a 2 week experience and it's going to be amazing. I've been on the river for the last few days and it's at a perfect level. I'll get some paddling shots soon!!

Happy travels!


Photo's by Will Clark & Anna Bruno

No comments: